Remember those intimate moments forever.
Birth photography is a special reminder of one of the most important days of your life: your baby’s birth day.
“Hiring Kali as my birth photographer was easily one of the best decisions I made during my pregnancy. Don’t leave such a precious day up to family members and their cameras. I highly recommend hiring Kali to capture every special moment. ” -Jessica 1st-time mom
Why Hire a Birth Photographer?
Besides your wedding day, the birth of your child is one of the most important days of your Life. Hiring a birth photographer frees up your partner or other support persons and ensures you get those memorable moments images captured (with your partner in them – which cannot happen if he is behind the lens.) Without a birth photographer, you may be left with just a few snapshot of the baby after delivery. I will help you to capture the amazing labor process and the incredible birth miracle.
About Birth Photography
Birth and labor are very unpredictable. These are not typical portrait sessions; the lighting is usually dim and it’s difficult to plan what’s going to happen. I will shoot glimpses of your labor and birth unfolding naturally in a photo-journal style. Being trained as a birth doula, I will be sensitive to your needs as a laboring woman; I understand my role to document quietly and unobtrusively. Many women have told me that they forgot I was even there! Being on both sides of the birth process, I also understand which special moments you may want.
Birth Photography Packages
- 1 complimentary interview/prenatal meeting in Lindale or north Tyler, TX. We will discuss what to expect, what moments you wish captured, etc. We can also get to know each other during this visit so that I am not a stranger at your birth.If you are not local enough to travel to Lindale, we can have the interview over the phone. I often shoot births in the Dallas area as well as deep East Texas.
- On-call 24/7 for 2 weeks before and after your due date (until the birth)
- Includes coverage of labor (starting around active labor) and birth up to 2 hours afterward
- A digital download of around 65 high-resolution images with printing rights
- All Web-sized watermarked images you may share online
- Professionally custom edited images in a mix of black & white and color
- A video slideshow put to music can be purchased for an additional $40
- Extra prints and products may be ordered through me as well. Price list upon request.
- $50% of the total session fee cost is needed to reserve a space on my calendar as I am only able to book a few births per month in order to help ensure the births do not overlap. The remainder of the fee is due by 37 weeks. The price at the time of your booking/deposit is the one that will be honored. Thank you!
$700. Includes all of the mentioned above.
*8.25 Texas Sales Tax Applied on all Purchases*
*8.25 Texas Sales Tax Applied on all Purchases*
Includes everything in the Digital Package plus:
-either 8 wallets (of the same image) or an additional 8x 10
Frequently Asked Questions about Mama Matters Birth Photography
How many images will I receive?
On average you will receive about 65 images, but this varies due to the uniqueness of each birth experience. Most of the images will be in black and white and a few in color.
What parts of East Texas do you serve?
My listed package prices are good within 60 miles of Lindale, TX. However, I am available to photograph births up to two hours away. A .55/mile fee (past 60 miles away from Lindale) will be added.
When do you arrive for the birth and how long will you stay?
I come to your birth during active labor (usually around 5cm) and will stay up to 2 hours afterward.
Will photographs from my birth be posted on your website?
Yes, I do post images from the births on my website and Facebook page. However, you will be able to view your images before any of them are shared and let me know if there are any that you deem unsuitable for me to share. Only the first names of the baby will be shared on the website.
What if you don’t end up making it to my birth?
I only take a few births a month to allow me to have the greatest chance of attending each birth. If I miss your birth due to my error (ie: due to illness, attending another birth, unforeseen emergency), you will receive a refund minus $75 (just to cover my expenses for the interview or prenatal meeting). If I miss your birth because it was too fast or you did not call me in time, there is no refund and you will receive a Fresh 48 session instead.
How long will it take to receive the images?
You may expect your images in approximately 2-4 weeks, depending on my schedule.
I am concerned about “private shots”; I don’t want just a lot of graphic pictures!
Not to worry! During our prenatal meeting, we will discuss what you would like photographed and what you do not. Some women want pictures of the baby coming out, others do not. Your comfort is my top priority, so I will photograph as much or as little as you desire.
What if I have a C-Section? Can I still have a birth photographer?
If you are having a planned Cesarean birth, you will want to ask your doctor beforehand if they will allow a photographer in the operating room with you along with any other support persons you have. Many doctors do allow this! If your cesarean is unplanned, you may still ask, but it may be unlikely a photographer can go in with you. However, there are still plenty of beautiful moments to capture after the birth! I am more than happy to stay at the hospital to document those first few moments in the postpartum room, or I can come back later to photograph those sweet bonding times with your newborn.
What if I don’t want the actual labor and birth documented, but I do want pictures of those special first hours?
Introducing Fresh 48! 1-2 hour lifestyle session at your birth location (hospital, home or birth center) within 48 hours after the birth.
More examples of my Birth Photography can currently be found on my blog on the homepage.